Neon is possibly the most fun-filled trend around at the moment, it’s almost impossible to feel drab or sad in neon, we dare you to try!
This spring we’re looking to sandals, bags, nail polishes, lipsticks and statement tops for our doses of neon.
Now look, there are probably some of you out there thinking that neon isn’t for you, but the best thing about this trend is that you can colour-block and wear it from head to toe or alternatively you can just dip that very toe in (figuratively – although there are some ab-fab neon nail polishes too).
Scarves, shoes and accessories teamed with black or neutral tones really help to update your wardrobe, particularly with the transition from winter to spring.
For those who want to ease into the trend we recommend nail polish, maybe a ring or even sandals to provide that splash of colour. On the other end of things, statement dresses are ideal for anyone wanting to head into the trend all-guns-blazing.
If you won’t take my word for it then take Jessica Alba’s, Lady GaGa’s, Sarah Jessica Parker’s, Katy Perry’s, Rihanna’s, AND Gwyneth Paltrow’s. They’ve all been snapped out and about rocking the neon trend.
Grab yourself a little or a lot of neon:
- A neon shoe with a plain coloured dress adds a colour pop Mandarine Reptile Print Leather Pumps $109.00
- We love this Corset Neon Pink Heel from Betts $99.99
- A classy touch of neon adds some glamour to these Vibe neon sandals $69.99
- We wouldn’t mind walking a mile in these shoes Stevie Flats $49.95
- A girl can never have enough pairs of statement heels Inca Patent Neon Heels $69.95
- Volley Wedges in Neon Yellow manage to tick both the stylish and comfort boxes, and are on my wish list, from Novo Shoes $59.95
- Everyone needs a go- to pair of thongs in summer Kalipso Thongs $19.95
- For a dress that wears itself we chose the Blue Juice Neon Crossing Dress $109.95
- The Mezi – Monterrey Yellow cuff would be perfect with a summer dress $89.00
- Who said maxi’s couldn’t be sexy? We didn’t! Mono Illusion Split Maxi Dress $155.00
- For an instant lift try Napoleon Perdis Devine Goddess Lipstick $29.76
- Sink your nails into Miss Frou Frou Lazy Lime Neon Nail Polish $24.95
- Get your ne-on with some eye makeup, try the Gorgeous Cosmetics Palette 8 Pan Neon $89.00
- We’re opting for a Neon Orange Satchel over boring neutral tones this season $85.00
- Neon + Patterns = A statement piece Romance Was Born Acid Square Silk Tee $190.00 or leggings
- Old school meets contemporary in this lace and neon collaboration Midnight Movie Top $50.00
- Light up the night in Neon Lover Dress $75.00
- Pretty and pink (and orange) Honey & Beau Miss Independent Dress $159.95
- A splash of neon on your new swimsuit will work a treat Capriosca Swimwear Havana Basic Pant $35.00 and
- Capriosca Swimwear Havana Bikini Top $60.00
- Team this neon tee with some jeans or cut offs for a cool casual look Living Doll Someone Tee $34.95
- Clutches are a night time essential, especially in this not so-mellow-yellow Zesty Yellow Envelope Clutch $79.00
Written by Sally Dunn. Creative by Alexandra Fraser