She’s an accomplished young actress and a red carpet favorite for her style and risk-taking looks. So here’s ten things you didn’t know about Emma Watson.
1. Emma’s full name is Emma Charlotte Duerre Watson. She is an English actress and model who came to fame playing Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series; a role she secured when she was nine.
2. A proficient French speaker, Emma was born in Paris on April 15th, 1990, to British lawyers, Jacqueline Luesby and Chris Watson, and lived there until she was five. After her parents divorce, Emma lived in Oxford with her mother and brother, attending the Dragon School until 2003.
3. From the age of six Emma wanted to be an actress. She studied at the Oxford branch of Stagecoach Theatre Arts where she studied dancing, singing and acting.
4. The Harry Potter series was her first professional role although she had performed in various Stagecoach productions and school plays prior to her international role as Hermione Granger.
5. Nominated for 48 awards over 12 years, Emma has won 14 including Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actress for Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Best Performance by a Youth in a Leading or Supporting Role – Female for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and numerous Teen Choice Awards.
6. Emma was the youngest person ever to appear on the cover of Teen Vogue and was Chosen by GQ as Woman of The Year in 2013.
7. In March 2009, she was ranked 6th on the Forbes list of “Most Valuable Young Stars”, and in February 2010, she was named as Hollywood’s highest paid female star, having earned an estimated $45 million in 2009.
8. Emma’s first non-Potter role in 2007 was as aspiring actress Pauline Fossil in the film adaptation of ‘Ballet Shoes’ where the films director, Sandra Goldbacher, described Watson as having “..a piercing, delicate aura that makes you want to gaze and gaze at her.”
9. She has appeared in numerous films since the Harry Potter series ceased including ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower’, ‘My Week With Marilyn’, ‘The Bling Ring’, ‘This Is The End’, and music video ‘Say You Don’t Want it’.
10. Watson has been cast opposite Ethan Hawke in thriller Regression. Written and directed by acclaimed Spanish director, Alejandro Amenábar, the film is due for release in 2015.
11. OK, an extra one – Emma has been certified to teach yoga and meditation.
Emma Watson is a stylish young woman who doesn’t mind taking elegant, red carpet risks. Do you have a favourite Emma Watson rec carpet look? Have you ever tried to replicate any of her looks? We’d love to hear from you and share your look with our readers.