Should you get The Ordinary Brow Serum? We tested The Ordinary Brow Serum for you.
You may have been a victim of the ultra-thin trends of the early 2000s or perhaps you weren’t born with the bold brow gene. But now thick fluffy brows are all the rage. Fear not! There’s a solution. The Ordinary, renowned for its exceptional blend of affordability and quality, introduces yet another game-changer and holy grail product. The Ordinary Brow Serum emerges as a savior for lush, full, and effortlessly beautiful eyebrows! I kept hearing all these amazing things about The Ordinary Brow Serum, and it’s been popping up everywhere on TikTok and across the internet. So, I thought, ‘Why not give it a shot?’ I mean, fluffy brows for less than $15? That’s a steal. Sign me up!
The Ordinary Brow Serum is an absolute game-changer. It’s packed with a blend of nourishing and safe ingredients that work wonders. While the bristles were a tad uneven and there was a hint of irritation during my initial use, the results were simply remarkable. I witnessed a significant increase in the length of both my eyebrows and eyelashes in just a mere 2 weeks. This stuff is the real deal! This is a miracle formula with unbelievably dirt cheap prices.
The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Lash and Brow Serum
The Ordinary’s Brow Serum offers a minimalist yet powerful solution for achieving luscious and defined lashes and brows. Packed with key ingredients like peptide complexes, it promotes brow thickness and volume effectively. Caffeine stimulates hair follicles and improves blood circulation, even darkening brow hairs subtly for a more prominent look.
One of the main things I love is the packaging of The Ordinary. With clean and minimalist packaging, cruelty-free and vegan formulation, and a gentle, alcohol-free formula suitable for both lashes and brows, The Ordinary Brow Serum is a versatile and ethical choice for your beauty routine. For those longing for lush, precisely outlined lashes and brows, The Ordinary’s Brow Serum is a good solution. You can get your own perfect brow solution here.
The Ordinary Brow Serum Review
The packaging says to apply a thin layer onto your brows and eyelashes after washing your face.
The first few times I used the serum, when I applied the serum to my eyelashes, my eyes were slightly burning. It wasn’t painful, just noticeable. The bristles appeared uneven in the image and I assume that I just got a unusually bad batch. But either way, the uneven bristles didn’t affect application. Application is as easy as you thin it is! Just a swipe on the eyebrows and the eyelash line – careful not to touch your eyeball!
The Ordinary Brow Serum’s formula is thin, not oily—it’s feels almost like velvety water. It feels light and dries fast without residue, which is great because it means that I can apply my makeup several minutes after applying the serum.
One of the reasons I went for The Ordinary Brow Serum? No prostaglandins. They’re the heavy lifters when it comes to growing lashes and brows, but they can be a bit too much – causing irritation and messing with pigmentation. I wanted those lush brows and lashes, but without the drama. Safety first, you know? We’ll break down all the stuff that’s inside The Ordinary Brow Serum a bit later.
One of the reasons I went for The Ordinary Brow Serum? No prostaglandins. They’re the heavy lifters when it comes to growing lashes and brows, but they can be a bit too much – causing irritation and messing with pigmentation. I wanted those lush brows and lashes, but without the drama. Safety first. We’ll break down all the stuff that’s inside The Ordinary Brow Serum a bit later.
I’ve always struggled with patchy brows and I was skeptical because I’ve tried several brow serums before. But what surprised me the most about The Ordinary Brow Serum was how quickly it started making a difference. Just two weeks in, I could already see those empty patches filling up, and my eyebrows were noticeably longer. But the bonus? It didn’t just stop at my brows; it also did wonders for my eyelashes.
I was used to my lashes frequently (and very annoyingly) fall into my eyes. However, after a 2 months of using The Ordinary Brow Serum, I noticed that this annoying occurrence became a rarity. This serum a real game-changer for me. I’ve just bout 3 more bottles during a recent sale! Whoever hasn’t bought this brow serum is clearly missing out.
What does the ordinary brow serum do?
Let’s take a look at The Ordinary Brow Serum packaging and examine the ingredient list. Each ingredient serves a specific function within the product’s formulation. Here’s a brief overview of what some of these The Ordinary brow serum ingredients typically do:
- Glycerin: Glycerin is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture. It can help keep the eyebrow and eyelash area hydrated.
- Peptides (Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Oligopeptide-2, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-3): Peptides are often included in such serums for their potential to stimulate hair follicles, encouraging eyebrow and eyelash growth.
- Caffeine: Caffeine can improve blood circulation when applied topically. It may help deliver more nutrients to the hair follicles.
- Panthenol: Also known as pro-vitamin B5, panthenol is often added for its moisturizing and conditioning properties, which can help prevent eyebrow and eyelash hair from becoming brittle.
- Amino Acids (Arginine, Glycine): Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. They may help nourish and strengthen eyebrow and eyelash hair.
- Glycoproteins: Glycoproteins are proteins that can potentially support hair growth and strength.
- Plant Extracts (Larix Europaea Wood Extract, Trifolium Pratense Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract): These extracts may provide antioxidants and other nutrients that promote hair health.
- Dextran and Maltodextrin: These ingredients are often included for their potential to support hair growth.
- Zinc Chloride: Zinc is a mineral that plays a role in hair health.
How Do Brow Serums Actually Work?
Brow serums are designed to enhance the growth, thickness, and overall appearance of your eyebrows. They achieve this through a combination of nourishing ingredients and, in some cases, active compounds. Here’s a breakdown of how they work:
- Stimulate Growth: Peptides and biotin promote the growth of eyebrow hairs by encouraging the follicles to produce new hair strands.
- Strengthen Hair: Biotin, panthenol, and hyaluronic acid help strengthen existing eyebrow hairs, reducing the risk of breakage or thinning.
- Improve Hair Health: Plant extracts and antioxidants protect the hair and surrounding skin from damage and improve the overall health of eyebrow hairs.
- Extend Growth Phase: Peptides can prolong the anagen (growth) phase of the hair follicles, resulting in longer and thicker hairs.
- Strengthening and Conditioning: keratin, collagen, or plant extracts that fortify the hair, reducing breakage and promoting overall hair health.
- Protecting Against Environmental Damage: antioxidants that shield your brows from environmental stressors like pollution and UV rays, helping to prevent damage and hair loss.
Why Do Some Brow Serums Work Better Than Others?
The effectiveness of a brow serum can vary significantly depending on several factors:
1. Ingredients: High-quality serums contain a blend of potent and clinically proven ingredients, such as peptides and biotin, known for their ability to promote hair growth and health. The concentration of these ingredients matters, too.
2. Formula: A well-balanced formula that combines nourishing, hydrating, and strengthening components is more likely to yield better results. The formulation should be non-irritating and safe for the sensitive skin around your eyes.
4. Individual Factors: People’s bodies can react differently to the same product. Genetic factors, hormone levels, and overall health can influence how well a brow serum works for an individual.
How long does it take for the ordinary brow serum to work?
It takes about 4 weeks to see a bit of change and 8 weeks to see more obvious changes when using The Ordinary brow serum consistently.
Does the ordinary serum expire?
An unopened The Ordinary brow serum skin product usually lasts 3 years.
The Ordinary brow serum may cause redness, irritation, dryness.
To minimize the risk of side effects, follow these precautions when using eyebrow serums or any beauty products near the eye area:
- Use products as directed by the manufacturer and avoid overuse.
- Safer to use on eyebrows than on eyelashes as the skin under the eyebrow is thicker.
- Careful application, avoid on the eyes.
- Patch test on skin before applying to brows. Apply a small amount of the serum to a small area of your skin (e.g., the inner forearm) and wait 24-48 hours to see if any adverse reactions occur.
- If you experience redness, itching, burning, or any other signs of irritation, discontinue use and consult a dermatologist.