When your latest fashion accessory is your baby bump….
Remember at the 2008 Cannes Film Festival when Angelina Jolie graced the Red Carpet in a stunning green floor-length gown, gently caressing her baby bump which carried twins Knox and Vivienne? You too can channel Angelina Jolie (minus the bank account!) and look amazing wherever you go when you follow these oh so simple style tips.
The good news is, you don’t need to change your basic style just because you’re pregnant – in fact, we just love mums-to-be who are proudly rocking their baby bumps and embracing their new bodies. Here are 5 hot tips on how you can look stylish whilst pregnant:
- Keeping it chic and simple is exactly what matters most – remember that comfort always comes first while pregnant, so ditch the skyscraper heels (at least in the final trimester!) and indulge in some cute ballet flats.
- The oversized look is so hot right now, so show off those pins in tight leggings or tailored straight-legged pants that feature an elastic band around the waist. Team with an extra-large jumper or crisp shirt that drops just below your thighs and you’ll look effortlessly stylish and comfortable at the same time.
- Don’t forget to accessorise with a statement necklace, a big pair of earrings or a few bangles around the wrist. These simple additions can make a big difference to your overall appearance.
- A pair of maternity jeans never goes astray. Investing in some denims will do wonders for your figure when you’re having an occasional ‘off day.’
- In the warmer months, make sure you wear a dress that will allow your skin to breathe. The most flattering cut will be one that accentuates your growing shape, so a babydoll-style dress is perfect – it cinches just below the bust and then flows outwards to flatter your figure.
A woman’s best accessory while pregnant may start with her radiant mamma-to-be glow, but it ends with some stylish clothes to complete the overall look. Be true to your own style but don’t forget to be a little bit daring when it comes to putting together an outfit. Most importantly, embrace your baby body!
About the Author:
Helen Katselis is the owner of , a Melbourne-based store offering quality online at discounted prices. Featuring a range of stylish designer wear for the expecting mum, exude confidence and feel beautiful during those precious nine months in clothing from Mamma Bella.