15 reasons why you need dry shampoo in your beauty routine
Dry Shampoo is the secret weapon for reviving hair when washing it is not an option to keep your hair clean, matte, and fresh-smelling!
No matter what hair type you have, dry shampoo is an essential in any beauty routine. It’s versatile, cost-effective and incredibly easy to use. Here’s why we love it:
1. Perfect for a quick, on-the-go fix – Dry shampoo is a great way to refresh your style without needing to wash and blow dry your hair. If you’re running late to work or school, just spritz some dry shampoo at the roots of your hair, massage it in and brush through with a boar bristle brush for an instant transformation of greasy hair into fresh locks.
2. Adds volume – Dry shampoo can also add lift and body to limp, lifeless hair thanks to its special powder formula that adds texture and builds up at the roots as you spray and massage it in. You’ll be amazed at how much volume you can achieve with just one bottle!
3. Travel-friendly – Who wants to bring along a bottle of shampoo and conditioner on vacation? Dry shampoo is the perfect travel companion when it comes to hair care. It’s lightweight and won’t take up much space in your suitcase, so you can re-style your hair anytime without having to worry about bringing bulky bottles with you.
4. Extends time between washes – Dry shampoo is perfect for those days when you don’t want (or have time) to wash your hair but still want it looking great. Apply dry shampoo at the roots every other day or so, and you won’t need to wash as often, leaving your hair feeling healthier for longer.
5. Cost-effective – Dry shampoo is generally an affordable beauty product and can be found in most drugstores or online. With regular use, one bottle of dry shampoo should last you a while, making it a great investment for your wallet as well as your hair!
6. Great for frizzy hair – Dry shampoo is perfect for taming unruly locks, as its powder formula absorbs excess oil and helps to smooth the cuticle of your hair, reducing frizz and adding shine in the process. It’s also great if you want to add definition to those curls or waves.
7. Ideal for those with sensitive scalps – Many people find that their scalp gets irritated or itchy when they use a traditional shampoo and conditioner, but dry shampoo can provide relief without stripping away natural oils. Its gentle formula is suitable for all skin types, so even those with sensitive scalps can enjoy its benefits.
8. Safe on coloured hair – If you colour your hair regularly then dry shampoo is a must-have product in your beauty routine as it won’t strip away any of that colour like regular shampoos can. Instead, it will help to protect that colour and keep it looking vibrant for longer.
9. No water required – One of the main benefits of using dry shampoo is that you don’t need to wet your hair in order to use it, which is great if you live in an area with hard water or have very fine/delicate strands that become easily damaged by washing too often.
10. Can act as a styling agent – Not only does dry shampoo absorb oils from your scalp, but it can also act as a styling agent in between washes. Spraying some onto damp (not wet) hair before blow drying will create more volume and hold at the roots while giving your style some extra oomph!
11. Can help reduce sebum production – Excessive sebum (oil) production is common amongst many people, especially those with greasy scalps or acne-prone skin conditions such as rosacea or eczema. By absorbing oil from the scalp and helping to reduce inflammation caused by bacteria buildup, dry shampoo can help reduce sebum production over time for healthier-looking strands.
12. Smells amazing – Another benefit of using dry shampoo? They smell amazing! Most brands have created special formulas that contain essential oils such as lavender and bergamot which give off subtle fragrances while keeping your scalp feeling refreshed throughout the day – perfect if you don’t want to go overboard with overpowering scents!
13. Versatile product – Dry shampoo isn’t just limited to cleaning greasy roots; there are plenty of other ways you can use them too! Whether you want to add texture before styling, tame flyaways during updos or add extra volume at the crown – there are so many different ways this multi-purpose product can be used!
14 Improves overall health of your hair– Not only does regular use of dry shampoo extend time between washes and make styling easier, but it also helps improve the overall health of your locks over time thanks to its nourishing ingredients such as argan oil which add moisture back into each strand while protecting from heat damage .
15 Last but not least: convenience factor– Let’s face it – no one wants to spend hours washing and blow drying their hair every day (unless they really have too!) With dry shampoo, simply spritz some onto roots when needed and voila – instant freshness!
So whether you’re running late in the morning or just don’t feel like going through all the hassle – dry shampoo will be there whenever you need it most!
It’s perfect for on the go people who want instant fixes – models on assignment, busy mums, gym visits, holidays, camping, holidays or getting that extra day or two from a salon blow dry.
Simply spray the product on your roots to get rid of the grease, massage it in a little, wait a few minutes, then brush it out. Your hair will feel voluptuous and bouncy in minutes!
Found at your salon, chemist or supermarket why don’t you try from luxe to less:
- Redken Powder Grip 03 $30.00
- Fudge Dry Shampoo $13.39
- Lush No Drought $13.50
- Batiste Dry Shampoo (the original) $9.46