Completely transform your eyes and give your makeup a totally different feel!
Unfortunately no amount of mascara will ever give you the dramatic effect of false eyelashes. There are a variety of false lashes available. Fine disbursed soft lashes are great for daytime or a natural looking effect. Or for a more dramatic glamorous look, choose something with lots of dense or long hair. Applying the lashes is simple, once your eye shadow is done and you are ready for the finishing touches, just follow these fail proof steps:
- Check the size of the false lash against your own lash line and trim the end if they are too big. This helps the lashes stay secure. Set your lashes aside.
- Take an eyelash curler and give your natural lashes a perfect bend which helps mould into the false lash.
- Apply a thin coat of mascara to your natural lashes
- Apply a thin layer of liquid liner to the top of your eyelash line
- Apply your lash glue (I love duo lash glue) to the false lash along the spine band in a thin layer with an extra dob at each end. It’s best to use the back of a makeup brush, tweezers or a bobby pin to get an even application or a until you are a pro and can use straight from the tube.
- Wait at least 1 – 2 minutes for glue to become tacky (If you do it straight away your lash may not stay in place and will be a hit or miss attempt) and apply your falsies just above your natural lash line, by securing the inner corner first. Use your tweezer back to push lashes on and down so they are close to lash line
- Once the glue is dried thoroughly use mascara to blend your lashes with the false lashes and you can even add a line of liquid liner over lash band to cover any glue and make it look seamless
- Your lashes will last through the day and night. To remove soak a cotton pad in eye make-up remover and holding it flat over your eye for several seconds. This should soften the glue and loosen the lashes. Repeat if necessary.